The Redfield Gun Sight Company was founded in 1909 by John Hill Redfield. The company designed and manufactured quality equipment that hunters and shooters trusted for accurate, rugged and reliable sighting. The company’s product line grew over the years from the original innovative line of open sites to include riflescopes, mounts and eventually binoculars and spotting scopes.
In 1998 Redfield closed its doors in Denver, Colorado marking the end of an era but leaving behind an undeniable legacy of manufacturing quality products for the American Sportsman. The Redfield name changed hands several times over the next ten years but never realized its potential to once again become a prominent brand among outdoor enthusiasts.